08 May 2002

Most interesting Google results for my name:

1. A movie review I wrote for Student.Com ended up on a Holocaust revisionist website. Lovely.

2. Another one appears in a student newspaper in Limerick, Ireland. Hmmmm...

Everything else for the search "Alec N-L" is pretty boring (lots of movie reviews, section lists, etc.). But you get somewhat more interesting results when you search for "LGG" (my nom de plume from when I used to write X-Files fanfic, mostly in high school). Sample quotes from people's fanfic web pages:

1. "LGG...is a god."
(http://cofax.freeservers.com/writers.html)

2. "The LGG is getting famous for being the best fanfic writer no one reads."
(http://members.aol.com/chinapttns/topic1.html)

3."LGG. This fellow makes me look extremely lazy. His stories graft a bafflingly wide range of knowledge involving history, science and literature to moody, surprising plots. I would like to crack his head open just to see what's inside. And to stop feeling outclassed."
(members.dencity.com/hearne/recommended.htm)

4. "Blood of Angels by LGG. I read this story and I honestly started to cry. Not because it was sad, but because this was so bloody good that I could never write anything that could compare."
(http://www.angelfire.com/bc/squeakaxfileshipper/other.html)

No wonder I get a swelled head sometimes.... Anyway, you get the idea. There's also a site that has a discussion of one of my stories in what appears to be Polish. I do love the Google ego search...

No comments: