26 June 2002

I agree that multiple Radiohead albums should have been way up there. I think the "Album" part of the radio station's description doesn't mean what we think it should mean. They try to play a greater variety of songs off of hit albums (i.e. not just the 2 hit singles), but they don't play songs off of albums that don't have hit singles. That said, I'm still not sure why Radiohead wasn't selected.

I saw MR again last night and I'm afraid to say that Agatha is wholly incapable of masterminding everything. Her "gift" is pretty imperfect -- I think she can only see a little bit in advance when it's not murder. That's why she doesn't warn John that PreCrime cops are coming to get him at his wife's place until they're already there. And the simplest explanation of her behavior at the hotel is that she thinks he's going to murder Leo Crow. I think it's more plausible that Burgess sets up the murder 36 hours in advance fully expecting John to get arrested by PreCrime and get safely put away. John went to Burgess right after the Ann Lively discovery in containment, and so I think Burgess developed the idea to kill John right after that meeting.

No comments: