25 June 2002

My local "Adult Album Rock" (???) radio station had a listener poll of the top 103 albums. I was surprised at the diversity, though there's definitely a modern slant to it, as witnessed by the absence of classic albums (Beatles, Pink Floyd) and the great showing by grunge bands and stuff that's come out in the last 10 years in general. I definitely don't know about Alanis being #2, but I can't argue with #1. The order of the U2 albums was odd (at least to me) -- #1 Joshua Tree, #11 War, #33 ATYCLB, #43 Achtung, #80-something Unforgettable Fire. Achtung deserved top 10, in my opinion -- it's a lot better than War, which only has a couple of really good songs.

(if you can't read the top 5 that's because they came out today. The website will be updated soon, I imagine.)

No comments: