14 July 2002

File this under Things Noah Tells Everyone But No One Cares:

The great thing about games of chance is that once in a while they make one look amazingly brilliant. My most recent silly game obsession is windows' hearts. This morning I won a game in the following way:

Noah----Pauline----Michele----Ben
---0----------26-----------26----------26--
---0----------48-----------30----------26--
---0----------74-----------56----------52--
---3----------74-----------79----------52--
---3----------80-----------79----------72--
---3----------83-----------93----------81--
---3---------109---------119--------107--

That's shooting the moon three times in seven games, and getting no points on three of the remaining four. I've been playing most of the week trying to shoot the moon on every hand, and so now when I play normally I know I can shoot the moon a lot even with not obvious moon shooting hands. (I remember an article once upon a time saying hearts was Bill Clinton's favorite game because he loved to shoot the moon. I can see where that came from.)

No comments: