28 July 2002

I ran accross "blogs4god" on this Instapundit post. Although my first impulse was to think of this as an amusing example of christian subculture (like the christian counter), looking at a few it suddenly hit me that weblogging is going to revolutionize the way missionaries communicate with their supporters. For those of you who don't have much interaction with missionaries, every missionary semiregularly mails out a "prayer letter" to their supporters (both financial supporters and prayer supporters) explaining what is going on in their lives and asking for prayer concerning particular things. In the days before email I remember helping my parents address and seal all these letters. I oddly enough recall this as kind of fun, although i suspect I must have hated it at the time. At any rate, within a few years I bet for missionaries with internet access this is going to be replaced by prayerblogs. It makes so much more sense. You can be brief and post whenever you get the chance and immdediately everyone will have something they can pray for.

I'd tell my parents to do this, except my mother is too intimidated by computers.

No comments: