09 August 2002

Here's some more details about the donations to Representative McKinney. (For my earlier post follow this link.) The American Muslim Foundation donated $2,500 on "sept. 11th" according to Indepundit, reported here and here. I figured there's no reason bloggers can't do their own original reporting, so I emailed the AMF and asked them about their donation and what prompted it. (I actually said "In particular I am interested in following the increase of political donations on and immediately following Sept. 11th 2001. I am writing you because the President and Vice-President of the AMF both made significant contributions to political campaigns that week and I was hoping to get a better idea of how this tragedy personally
prompted members of your organization to a stronger civic commitment.")

The Vice President of the AMF responded to say:


Thank you for writing ..

The donation was made on Friday, Sept 7th, 2001 and the office of the
Congresswoman filled their disclosures on the following week ... which
happens to be the unfortunate day of Sept 11.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr. Mohamed S. Omeish
VP


As reported earlier in the blogosphere such misdating is technically illegal, however, I suspect it is rather standard practice and I tend to believe the explanation given in this email.

No comments: