17 August 2002

Speaking of blank tapes...

Today, with the job search in New York not going quite according to plan, I auditioned to become a teacher with Kaplan. As part of the audition process, I had to come up with a five-minute "how-to" speech on a non-academic subject, prepared beforehand. My topic was "How to make the perfect mix tape." I think it was probably the best talk of the day, and while I didn't have time to go over more than the basics, I think they appreciated my adaptation of the Aristotelian plot pyramid (exposition, inciting incident, rising action, climax, and falling action) to describe the structure of an ideal mix tape. Or maybe it was just my high test scores that did the trick.

So yeah. I might end up teaching the SAT part-time for Kaplan. Stay tuned for details...

No comments: