02 October 2002

Haven't bought the new Beck yet, but I probably will; Dale loves it, and the song "Beautiful Way" from Midnite Vultures has been living on my iPod just about nonstop for the past month or so.

Incidentally, my most recent CD purchases include: The Beach Boys, Pet Sounds, which is as amazing as its reputation suggests; The Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack, for that wonderful Mutato Muzika Orchestra cover of "Hey Jude"; Jeff Buckley, Grace; Closer to Heaven, the new musical by the Pet Shop Boys; and finally, by far the best album I've heard all year, I kid you not: The Eminem Show. I know I'm a bit late on this particular bandwagon, but trust me: this is one hell of an album, confessional, angry, dense, inventive, funny, finally awe-inspiring. Do these suburban kids even know what they're buying here?

No comments: