21 November 2002

If I recall correctly, the Alabama court system is one of our wackiest, probably in the top five with California (of course) and Louisiana (silly Napoleonic Code). I think Alabama is where the trial lawyers and the, er, anti-trial lawyer people fought repeated multimillion dollar death matches in the 1980s over judicial candidates. It's also where a jury rewarded someone the full value of their BMW because it had come out of the factory scratched, if I'm not mistaken. Of course I could research this stuff but I'm lazy so I won't.

Have people seen the excerpts from Bob Woodward's new book, Bush at War? I'd like to be walking around with $3 million worth of non-sequential $100 bills to give out to people with guns to do my bidding.

I apologize if you guys have already seen the fallout from the book, though I excuse myself because I was out of the country when it hit the news. The book's actually pretty flattering to Bush, though I can see why all those other people are mad at Colin Powell. I love the quote: "The reason why he (Woodward) isn't as rich as Tom Clancy is that while both he and Clancy make stuff up, Clancy does his research first."

No comments: