28 January 2003

I don't know if you've been watching Joe Millionaire, but if not, you should. It's great fun watching it with Haiwen, of course, who is both a Marxist and a misogynist and who finds plenty to confirm both of his stances in the course of a single episode. He's convinced that I should be approaching the show as an educational experience, which I suppose I am. (Sample Haiwen comment, while watching the women being introduced one by one: "She's so busted! Look at her! All of these women are so completely busted!") Also, much to my amazement, I think that Haiwen's sense of humor is rubbing off on me. An example from last night's episode, during an awkward date between Evan (Joe Millionaire) and Melissa (one of the four remaining girls):

Evan: "What would you do, if you were given fifty million dollars?"
Melissa: "Well, I think I'd probably go to a third world country..."
Alec and Haiwen (simultaneously): "AND BUY IT!"

No comments: