12 January 2003

Several months ago i made an interesting observation about why i should never marry a particular girl in my life (as it turns out it wasn't very important because the next day i got a much much better reason not do marry her). That night for the first time ever I'd had too much to drink to the point of throwing up and rather made a fool of myself. I was thinking about how great some of my friends here had been in terms of being nice and taking care of me and not being rude about it (peter and joel playing the finite group game with me, my roomate lionel taking me back, etc.) and that they all knew I was embarassed and didn't try and wouldn't do it again and were just helpful. I realized on the other hand that said girl would not have been so comforting and would basically just been mortified about how bad my behavior would have made her look. At any rate I was reminded of this by the reading the comments on this post which says : "I would seriously consider getting married immediately just so I'd have someone to scratch my back, fasten my bracelets, and help me carry up all the groceries." I must say I'm beginning to agree with that sentiment, but I was particularly struck by this comment (from this weblogger):

not that i didn't know already, but i totally knew marriage was worth it when he held back my hair as i puked in the toilet.


What I wouldn't give right now for a person like that in my life.

No comments: