01 January 2003

So i hit the bookstore (large chain, its york, what do you expect?) to return a gift my brother Jesse already had (a Tolkein atlas) for one he didn't have (far side and calvin and hobbes cartoons), and oddly enough i didn't run into anyone. I did find some rediculous books though. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Interfaith Relationships and the strategy guide to online Sims. I think the latter's humor is in reading it not in its mere existence, the former on the other hand... The table of differences between protestant and catholic beliefs on sex is hysterical.

They've started selling Valentine's cards in the bookstore already. I want to break something.

Happy new year everyone. I brilliantly succeeded in my plan to have a non-new years eve new years eve. I went to see a basketball game with my dad and brother Jesse, and there's no one better to go see a basketball game with than your dad and brother and it was a good close game, the Wizards held on to beat a very sloppy Spurs. Great fun, and the new year passed while we were on the road, saw some fireworks in the distance and that's it. Managed to have an evening that was of a completely different sort than last year and so didn't have to suffer by comparison. Rather brilliant of me I must say.

No comments: