10 February 2003

Oscar nominations are just around the corner, and I haven't even posted my predictions yet. I actually had a long list that I was going to bore you with, but I'll confine my thoughts to the following: Chicago wins Best Picture over The Hours, Gangs of New York, The Pianist, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding; Scorsese finally wins Best Director; Nicole walks away with Best Actress; Jack Nicholson becomes the first person since Katherine Hepburn to win four Oscars for acting; Chris Cooper and Meryl Streep win for Adaptation.

Wait a minute. That's exactly how the Golden Globes went....I must be getting lazy. Anyway, when I was a real film critic, my Oscar prediction track record was pretty abysmal (I predicted that Catherine Keener was going to win Best Supporting Actress over Angelina Jolie, for chrissake), so there's probably no point in getting fancy, right?

No comments: