19 February 2003

When you say that you had a "date" to Attack of the Clones, are you referring to me, or to Mike Weidman?

(I shouldn't make fun. I haven't said much about my double feature outing with Haiwen on Valentine's Day, but I should note that I haven't ever laughed so hard as I did while watching The Jungle Book 2 at 11:30 in the evening in Times Square. Maybe I'm just immature, but the whole civilization = straight culture vs. jungle = queer counterculture allegory works just a little too well... After a certain point, I was reduced to tears of laughter by such exchanges as the following:

Lucky, the vulture: "Have you heard? There's a man-cub in the jungle!"
Shere-Khan, the tiger: "A man-cub...?"
Lucky: "And he's gone down the river with a bear!"

I dunno, maybe you had to be there.)

No comments: