28 March 2003

I have no idea whether I'm going to see this movie or not. Actually, that's not quite true: I'm pretty sure I won't. At least not while it's playing in theaters. I don't usually shy away from a movie because of the violence it contains...in fact, this may be the first time I've ever done so...but I just can't imagine subjecting myself voluntarily to this particular cinematic experience. Maybe I'll wait until a friend of mine catches it, and ask his or her honest opinion. Unfortunately, I'm usually on the cinematic vanguard in my particular social circle, so that day may never come. No great loss, I'm tempted to say...except that it's hard for me to completely disregard a movie that divides the critics so deeply.

Anyway, if you or someone you know happens to see Irreversible, let me know what your thoughts are.

No comments: