15 March 2003

So tonite we had a show and a party afterwards and at some point i realized I'd left my keys in the pockets of the pants i'd played soccer in in the afternoon... One of my roomates is in Michigan all weekend (visiting erin) and when i got back the other one was still at his girlfriend's... (Yes, i'm the only single person in my room, shut up!) Its really annoying to be in the real world and not just be able to go to the super's office and have everything taken care of. Anyway I go over to a friends apt. to see if he's around and no one answers... When I come back again I discover my roomate standing outside and realize he's locked out too... It was somewhat amusing if it weren't so annoying. We eventually tried a neighbors with the lights on to use their phone book and call a locksmith, but instead he ended up helping us undo the screens with a screwdriver and we got lucky and one of the windows wasn't quite latched shut.

As for Nat's response to the moralizing, I realize that in certain situations it may be rather difficult to behave in that way, and i guess there's a less of a requirement for people to act morally in proffesional interactions than in personal ones... Still though I think its a pretty horrible way to treat people to just be trying to beat them at a game where you try to get as much out of them while giving up as little as possible... Another way of saying things, after just being reminded by the new Dune trailer, I want to live in the Lord of the Rings not in Dune.

No comments: