15 April 2003

One thing about England I will not miss is the plumbing. For months and months, our shower dripped out in the corner so you couldn't even get your whole body under it. After we complained repeatedly, the plumbers came, and now it comes out in the middle (though not at anything resembling a decent pressure), but the warmest it gets is medium-cool. At least in the corner you could make it as hot as you liked. I can't decide which is worse.

Another thing I will not miss is hauling two huge bags of laundry a mile to the college, spending three-plus hours, and hauling much heavier bags back because there are no working driers.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm in a pretty foul mood today. I finally got to do a solid three hours of work and was feeling better, and then I had dinner and checked e-mail and [received a disheartening report about the state of WHRB], and now I'm ornery again.

No comments: