09 April 2003

Random top five list, inspired by my Songbook post below:

Top five rewindable moments (that is, moments in songs that I'm tempted to rewind midway through, just so I can savor them for a second time):

1. The cold, mechanical drum machine riff at the beginning of "Blue Monday" by New Order (da-da-dadadadadadadada-da-da-da-da, maybe the best opening of a song ever)
2. The first five descending notes of "Everything in Its Right Place" by Radiohead
3. The moment in "Survive" when David Bowie sings "And I'll survive your naked eyes, I'll survive," after which Reeves Gabrels launches into the saddest guitar solo imaginable
4. The joyful one-finger piano solo from Paul Westerberg's "Born for Me," mentioned below
5. The beginning of the four-minute fadeout in "Hey Jude," when Paul sings something along the lines of "better better better better better better aaaHHH"

No comments: