03 June 2003

I'm trying to locate "Sullivan St." of counting crows fame somewhere in the Bay Area and rather failing, the closest I've found is a Sullivan Ave. in San Mateo County, which hardly seems plausible...

The story behind the song is:
"My last girlfriend, for the first month and a half that we were going out, her mother was living with her, and her mother's very Catholic. We couldn't spend the night together, so I was constantly making these drives in the middle of the night -- very surreal, four in the morning, falling asleep. I really believed in the relationship, but when I was writing this song, the lyrics came out: "Pretty soon I won't come around". It wasn't what I wanted -- I didn't want it to end -- but there it was. It's about the inevitability of leaving."
--Adam Duritz

No comments: