02 June 2003

Slate's breakfast table conversation this week is about radiohead's new album (which is apparently very similar to the leaked copy which Alec has). The second writer today plays right into my radiohead/beatles analogy: "And to keep the comparison going just a little longer: I think Hail to the Thief is Radiohead's Abbey Road." To be fair, I think the metaphor he is using is that OK Computer/Bends corresponds to early Beatles, which I think is silly, and he completely ignores the existence of Pablo Honey... But, I was wondering Alec what you thought of this being Abbey Road continuing my analogy of: early Beatles = Pablo Honey, Revolver = The Bends, Sgt. Pepper = OK Computer, and the white album sides 1+2 = Kid A and Amnesiac? I still haven't heard "Hail to the Thief," but I wondered what your opinion was...

No comments: