29 September 2003

One of the things I really miss about Harvard (well and Ross too) was not having to worry about what people's reaction will be when they ask you where you went to school. I was especially reminded of this the other day when I was talking to this girl at a party and she said she went to princeton and my internal reaction was "phew, now I don't have to worry about her thinking I'm obnoxious"

So that got me thinking, which schools do I feel like I don't have to worry about alums making a big deal over Harvard... Its hard to start listing without actually coming accross as obnoxious, but its an interesting thing to think about... Which schools prompt that "whew I'm safe" reaction?

P.S. Somehow the point of this was missed, which is a) that I hate the way all conversations end when people ask me questions and I have to say "harvard" and "math" and b) its really fun to make lists of things that have little in common. For example with this one if someone went to school anywhere in boston then it won't kill the conversation cause you can start chatting boston stuff. If they went to princeton you can start playing the "who do you know" game, which though dumb is at least better than the "oh now I don't want to talk to this person anymore cause he went to Harvard and so is obviously not worth talking to."

I'm thinking of removing this post as its resulted in the closest thing to a flame war this site has seen and half the point of the post was that I was sick of people I don't know not liking me for no reason but where I went to school, and the comments only reinforce this point, so I shouldn't have posted anything. What do you guys think? Should I take it down?

No comments: