04 January 2004

Today Tina and I watched the recent movie of The Importance of Being Earnest. It was still just as good as Earnest always is, though the movie wasn't a particularly great adaptation all you need to do is have good actors and let them deliver Oscar Wilde's wonderful lines. In particular I'm a fan of Colin Firth's rendition of Jack.

One of the previews was Human Nature which I saw a while back, almost certainly with Alec (though I can't remember the circumstances). Anyway I realized that Miranda Otto (now of Eowyn fame) plays the ridiculous french maid. (Remember her splendid scene where they come to her house?)

It was also odd watching Earnest and being reminded of some really old running jokes between Laura and I that I'd pretty much forgotten about. I mean when she and I read this play that was... over 4.5 years ago.

No comments: