03 February 2004

After typing all that, I'm tempted to post my own iPod playlist, of course, but this week it's completely dominated by Phantom Power by the Super Furry Animals, so it wouldn't be very interesting. You should check these guys out, though; as I've said on this blog before, this band is almost too good to be true. I'm seeing them in concert next Monday with Rachel, whose ex-boyfriend Sean "introduced" me to the Furries in a rather roundabout way that I won't bother explaining. Best songs to download illegally include "Juxtaposed With U," "Presidential Suite," and my current favorite, "Bleed Forever." Also worth a listen is "Receptacle for the Respectable" from 2:04 to 3:26, a shudderingly perfect fragment of an otherwise okay song. It includes my favorite lyric of the moment: "Subtle as a mailbomb to the head / You came to me..."

No comments: