20 February 2004

Somehow last week my bitter annoyed post on Valentine's eve got posted, but my That was the best Valentine's day ever! post never got written.

I think this has to do with the fact that i fell asleep half-drunk on the floor of the living room of one of my friends at 3am and then spent all day Sunday in the city and came back and hosted a texas hold 'em tournament. (23 people showed despite their only being one days notice, finding chairs was a bit chaotic.)

But anyway, it was still the best V-day ever.

Me, two of my best friends in the dept., one of my other friends in the dept., and 3 of their friends (one who lives here, two visiting) all went out to the city. We had dinner at a cute little resteraunt on Haight street, which was full of couples having a quiet and apparently miserable time. We on the other hand had a blast. I have never before in my life been so happy to be one of the single people, everyone else (except one couple) really just didn't seem very happy.

After some excellent food, 3 bottles of wine, and a waiter with a preposterous French accent (who looked just like Alan Rickman playing Prof. Snape) all 7 of us piled into a VW golf (2 people in the trunk) and went careening accross san francisco to this delightful bar in the mission (the attic, on 24th street at mission, right accross from the Bart station). The person wiht a car went home to take care of her puppy, but the rest of us stayed at the bar for several hours, dancing to british music circa 1977-1983, doing body shots, getting roaringly drunk, and jsut have a splendid time.

Then we caught the last Bart back to Berkeley, went back to AJs where he made us pancakes and we all fell asleep in the living room.

Just splendid, I couldn't have been much happier.

Well, I'd have been a lot happier if I could have slept on a sofa and not on the wood floor.

Oh yeah, and a real blanket instead of a pink bathrobe.

But it was still great.

No comments: