11 March 2004

Ah, life is back to semi-normal. Our legislature packed up their bags and went home, and we just signed a bunch of bills (including our crown jewel, which Noah would be proud of -- eliminating the sales tax on food). But that's not why things are back to semi-normal. Almost a week ago, my state legislator (who had been in office since I was born) decided to retire, and I got the devilish idea to throw my hat in the ring. I spent a couple of sleepless nights deciding whether I should do it, and in the end I decided not to. The people in my office who I had been conferring with breathed sighs of relief that I had returned to my senses.

Of course, if I had been able to schmooze with Warren Buffett and hit him up for campaign contributions, maybe I would have gone ahead and run ;-).

No comments: