20 May 2004

Sunday I saw Eternal Sunshine again. I liked it, but it didn't have the same affect as the first time I saw it. I guess that this is because I spent more time watching the movie and less time thinking about the things it made me think about.

I was also reminded of a post I wanted to make a couple weeks ago. If you recall my initial review of Eternal Sunshine was: "Anyone who has ever fallen in love with someone and broken up needs to go out and see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

After seeing Kill Bill Vol. 2 a week later, I really wanted to post (but couldn't quite with a straight face): "Anyone who has ever fallen in love with someone and then hated them needs to go out and see Kill Bill."

But honestly, aside from it just being an excellent film, it really was one of the best films about bad breakups I've ever seen. I loved the final scenes between Bill and the bride where they see where the other is coming from, but there's still enough history and need for revenge that it doesn't matter.

No comments: