16 June 2004

Another great thing about living here is all the wonderful bad english language television...

Movies like Shaft, Drive Me Crazy,a dutch subtitled version of Anna and the King (i.e. all the parts in Thai were completely incomprehensible), and last but not least the horror movie version of Lolita were great fun.

There have even a few good movies, like Being John Malkovich (especially fun while, err, enjoying the local produce) and clerks.

And all these TV shows which I haven't seen before: Firefly, Sopranos, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Alias... Jerry Springer is actually exactly the way people make fun of it. You can't parody that stuff. And I've never seen anything quite so MST3000-able as "Xena Warrior Princess." MTV's reality dating show is pretty ridiculous too.

Oh, and once a week there's the Daily Show Global Edition.

Anyway I think I should head home and eat some dinner and maybe read a little of "The Once and Future King" before the 8pm soccer game behind the appartment building. Or maybe I'll just engage my budding Sabrina crush, I think that's on at 7ish...

No comments: