20 June 2004

More baseball: Today I went to the Red Sox-Giants game with Flora and John and Jessica. I had a hard time deciding whom to root for, since both are my adopted hometown teams. I guess I was rooting for a good game, which I got (Giants score 4 off Pedro in the first, then he settles down and Boston ties it in the 8th, and the Giants win on a pinch homerun in the bottom of the 8th).

If you ever get a chance to go to a Giants game with Flora, I highly recommend it. Not only is the company excellent, but the seats are the best I've ever been in -- 6th row, just to the left of the backstop. When Barry Bonds stepped into the on-deck circle he was less than 20 feet away. I think he smiled at us. John observed, "I've never been in a position before where I could cheer and the players would actually hear me."

Then we walked around the Embarcadero for a while and as John and Jessica left for Palo Alto Flora and I went to dinner at a nice French/Indian restaurant in the Castro where a friend of Flora's works. They make nice sake cocktails and I had an exquisite duck with pineapple. As we drove home the sun was setting prettily through the fog over the bay.

Did I mention I love California?

No comments: