17 June 2004

One example of the joys of Xena commentary...

So Xena, her sidekick who we only refer to as "blonde bikini girl" (where by sidekick we mean a sort of "wink, wink, she's my lover and it's obvious and we kinda hint at it"), and the God of war (hermes? something like that) are hiding out in this farm. So blonde bikini girl is dressed like a milkmaid (plaidish red dress, bonnet, etc. shockingly chaste for her character). The badguys show up to look for Hermes who is supposed to pretend to be a farmer. Xena has to run out the back to pretend to help them look and get them off his trail. So she grabs her "armor" (i.e. large metalic corset):

Ben: "Let me grab my boob-guards first"
Me: "If my boobs are hit I lose all my powers."
(Screen cuts to blonde bikini girl dressed as milkmaid)
Me: "But I gain powers by taking off my clothing!"

(Xena runs out the back, Hermes asks BBG to distract the badguys so he has time to "get into character")

(BBG rips off her shirt)

Me: "But... I was actually joking!"

No comments: