27 February 2005

Oh, right, the Oscars. My level of excitement this year isn't nearly as high as it tends to be, but I may as well post some predictions:
Best Picture: Million Dollar Baby
Best Actor: Jaime Foxx
Best Actress: Hilary Swank
Best Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman
Best Supporting Actress: Natalie Portman
Best Director: Martin Scorsese
Best Original Screenplay: Charlie Kaufman for Eternal Sunshine
Best Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor for Sideways
Best Animated Feature: The Incredibles
Of all the nominations, however, I'm going to be rooting hardest for Clive Owen to win for Closer. I caught that movie again recently, and I was surprised at how completely he dominates the entire picture, which, incidentally, is better than I remembered. It's really one of the best supporting performances I've seen in a long time. A win would be especially sweet, too, given the snub that was handed to Patrick Marber's brilliant adapted screenplay. It ain't going to happen, though.

No comments: