31 October 2005

I guess Bush isn't so averse to rewarding bad behavior after all. First, he pays off the North Koreans after promising not to, and now he rewards the Right's unabashed smear attacks on his personal friend and lawyer by giving them exactly what they wanted.

If I were NARAL or MoveOn, I would already be cutting ads to start airing ASAP, preferably today, to paint this guy as a fascist wacko. I think the top thing they can get him on is his opposition to the Family and Medical Leave Act (the Planned Parenthood decision is what riles up the base, but notification laws are popular with a lot of people).

I have to say, though, that I don't think they're going to get him on his court decisions alone. He's conservative, but his decisions aren't so crazy that it's worth destroying the Senate to block him. They need to find wacky speeches/articles and/or personal dirt if they want to win this thing.

No comments: