17 January 2006

As most of you know, I've spent much of the last year of my life on the M.I.T. Mystery Hunt. It finished last weekend and was, by most accounts a smashing success. Almost nothing went wrong, people generally enjoyed themselves, and the hunt ended on the right day. (Just barely, we were half an hour away from the hunt ending on Saturday.) Here are all the puzzles. Solutions and more details should be up soon. Here are the puzzles that I wrote or cowrote:
  • A Pile of Picture (cowritten with Ben Balas and Erin Conwell)

  • Just Follow Directions

  • No Silver Lining (cowritten with Matt Cain)

  • Second Times The Charm (Jeff Cohen's idea, my grid fill, Aaron Dinkin's clues)

  • Sixteen Blocks

  • Connect Four (cowritten with David Speyer)

  • 783658 (cowritten with Malia Jackson)

  • Lounder Than Words (cowritten with Chuck Snyder)

  • Mysterious Cry; Quiet Habit (idea by Reid Barton, I wrote about half of the clues, several other people did photoshopping)

  • Table For Four (cowritten with Chris Luhrs)

  • Xanadu

  • Pipe Dream (cowritten with Iolanthe Chronis)

  • Wry, Ergo Dead (cowritten with David Speyer)

  • All Work and No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy (cowritten with David Speyer)

  • The Cock Conundrum, or the greatest joke ever told (I somehow got roped into cowriting the Conundrum portion with Joel Corbo, the cute boys are by Joel Corbo and Allen Rabinovich)

  • Twenties
  • I also cowrote a few metas, and a bunch of endgame (links as soon as they appear).

    Now I have to figure out what to do with myself for the next year, any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe write a thesis.

    No comments: