28 September 2006

Greetings from Toronto, eh! I've been here for nearly two weeks, first to give an invited talk at ECC 2006, then to hang around and do research and talk with other cryptographers, an opportunity I rarely get in Berkeley. Everyone says they love Toronto, but I haven't been so impressed. It might have to do with location; the area I'm staying in is not particularly nice. So far I've found one cute neighborhood, Yorkville, and everything else is described by the locals as "up-and-coming," which upon observation appears to be a synonym for "total-crap." I've got a little apartment here that I found on Craigslist, and while it's been nice to have a real place with a kitchen, a friend did ask, "Who makes Salade Niçoise when they're only staying somewhere for two weeks?"

No comments: