07 October 2006

Torrey and I went to the Twins playoff game in Oakand this afternoon. I didn't have much hope of them taking the series, but I didn't get to see them during the season, and I had to come pay my respects to the team that came back from 10 games behind in August to move into first place on the very last day of the season. It was also my last chance to see Brad Radke and his duct-taped arm, perhaps my last chance to see Torii Hunter in a Twins uniform, and my first chance to see a Justin Morneau homerun. I even got my dad to FedEx us a couple of Homer Hankies.

On a related note, we got to be on TV. A San Francisco news station saw us wearing Twins gear outside the game this afternoon and interviewed us. Of course, they took the sound bite that made me appear to be a complete moron. Or perhaps just a wimp. (Of course, what can you expect from local news...the graphics people couldn't even figure out who I was when they tried to put my name on the screen.)

The last postseason game I had been to was Game 7 of the 1991 World Series. That one ended a little differently.

No comments: