10 May 2002

Upon further reflection, I've decided not to post my response to the James Mann article on the identity of Deep Throat. It's a nice byzantine conspiracy theory rife with crime, betrayal, and coverups. It's also completely made up, and I don't want conspiracy theories about real people with my name on them circulating around the web. Still, it's entertaining, and if you want to read it, email me at chakeres@fas.harvard.edu. This was my first try at coming up with a conspiracy theory, and it's pretty fun -- you start by assuming that there was a conspiracy, then you do your research to find random coincidences and connections, and then you weave a story around them. Don't assume they're telling you the whole story. I think I would have written some good history papers if I had done them this way...

No comments: