22 July 2002

So I said I'd let you know when I found out where I'd be working. Turns out there wasn't much selection. I could have chosen between Washington State, Iowa, South Dakota, North Carolina, and Florida. I picked Florida. Specifically, I'll be helping out Rep. Karen Thurman of Florida's 5th district. Her district encompasses Gainesville, which is of course the home of the Gators.

I'm trying to find out about the congresswoman and the district right now. The neatest thing I've learned is that she went to a Santa Fe Community College in Gainesville. I'm trying to figure out how they came up with that name.

Lastly, I won't need to pack any winter clothes...speaking of which, I went to an Army surplus store with my little brother last week. This store sells stuff to military buffs, but it also sells gear to police, firemen, and the like. I noticed one rack of Spiewak jackets that, according to the salesman, are popular among the state's EMTs.

No comments: