12 December 2003

Blogging from Alec's where I spent the afternoon doing math and watching DVDs. I needed two of them that wouldn't distract me too much from my math final but were really good, so I went with "High Fidelity" and "North by Northwest."

Tonight I went to Karaoke with Bessie, Alec, and Tamara for a night of lost in translation inspired revelry. Highlights were saranading Dave on his brithday with all you need is love and birthday by the Beatles, and Tamara's stunning renditions of I Will Always Love You and My Heart Will Go On.

I was sufficiently inspired to make three dedications... One was to alec for Kiss Me Goodbye and Nothing Compares To You: "To Alec who introduced me to many many movies and exactly two songs." I was drunk at the time, but I think the other two were "I'd like to dedicate this to Erin Lawrence who I danced with exactly once 7 years ago to this song" (ob-la-di of course) and "This song is for Laura: "Fuck You"" (Time Goes By).

We ended with: The River, No Surprises, and Lean on Me.

Oh and if you ever get a chance Alec's rendition of Prince's Kiss is absolutlely to die for.

No comments: