22 December 2003

Hello from the Apple Store in Southdale Mall, Edina, Minnesota (which by the way was America's first enclosed shopping mall way back when...leave it to Minnesotans to figure out how to avoid the elements). I have spent far too much time in this mall in the past four days: Friday I went holiday shopping with Robby, Saturday I went holiday shopping with Derek (who was in town for 24 hours...his stepdad flew his private plane up from Kansas City so his brother could go to a Vikings game), and today I'm having my computer fixed (the optical drive started chewing up CDs). Minnesota life is very quiet; I sleep a lot, eat, read, and watch movies. I saw The Return of the King the other day, which was quite entertaining. I also rented Top Gun while I was sick last week. A bit much fighter plane action for my taste, but so much great 80s music! I made Lisa promise to take me to an 80s club when I go to Oregon in January. (Oh yeah, I'm going back to Oregon, for almost a week. Hmm.) Any other recommendations for classic 80s/early 90s movies I surely missed out on during my youth? Not much else going on; I should go see whether my computer's ready. Later.

No comments: