18 January 2004

Ach, I'll never again be able to say I've never been in a car accident. I (and the occupants of the other two cars, which came careening into me when I was stopped at a red light) turned out pretty much ok, but the beloved Chevy Nova has been totaled. One of the strangest parts of the whole ordeal was the moment, seconds after the accident, that all the cars had stopped moving and I realized I was ok, and then hearing the horns in the other two cars blaring. I didn't realize that horns start blaring when airbags go off, and I thought it probably meant someone was slumped across a steering column. Then, it hit -- Almea and I had to get out of our car and call 911 and go see if the other people were ok, and if they weren't ok, we were going to be the first ones to find them. I still feel sick thinking about it. Luckily, there was nothing to scar me for life, and all I have from the accident is a neat blanket that the paramedics gave us to stay warm.

No comments: