10 March 2004

From the New York Times: movie karaoke. The question, of course, is what movie scene you'd choose to perform in front of a crowded room. Without analyzing my choices to the nth degree, I'd have to go with either Lloyd Dobler's "bought, sold, or processed" speech in Say Anything, or Alec Baldwin's "Always be closing!" speech in Glengarry Glen Ross. The sad thing is that I'm not sure which character I relate to more these days.

I'm also very fond of the following:
Gee, thanks, Dave. Bang-up job so far. Extortion, coercion. You'll pardon me if I ask you to kiss my pucker. The same fuckers that rounded us up and sank us into this mess are telling me they'll bail me out? Fuck you. You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting fingered and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything, it will be to get rid of me. After that, my guess is you'll never hear from him again.
Edward Norton's speech to the bathroom mirror in 25th Hour also comes to mind, as well as some of Tom Cruise's scenes in Magnolia, but I'm not sure I could keep a straight face.

No comments: